Blogs


Zinc Toxicity in Birds

Bokki xray

Bokkie is a 1 year old male Sulphur-crested Cocatoo who presented at Andergrove Veterinary Clinic for lethargy and vomiting. His history revealed that he had destroyed his cage and was now starting to destroy his new one. Most metal wire has a zinc coating to prevent it rusting, however if it is swallowed it can cause toxicity in birds.

0 comments | Read the full post

christmas ham

Keeping your 4 legged family members safe during the festive season can sometimes be a challenge. Ornaments, plants, presents and lights are just a few of the Christmas hazards that become veterinary emergencies. Below are some steps that will allow your pets to join in the holiday fun this year, while avoiding a trip to the veterinary clinic.

0 comments | Read the full post